Recipe by Tootalltygerlily
Leaves your skin gently scented and feeling like silk.
Top Review by Kay D.
I finally managed to find orris root chips, and let me tell you, the smell is worth the hunt! This a very subtle mixture with everything blending beautifully and all the ingredients compliment each other nicely. Did I mention it felt really good, too? I spooned the mixture into muslin bags (got 9 of them) and used 2 in the bath, tying them to the drain chain. If you let your bags float in the water, the ingredients aren't going to disperse properly. I will definitely be making this one again; I love it!
- 3 cups powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup orrisroot chips (has a soft violet scent)
- 1⁄3 cup almond meal
- 1 capsule vitamin E (break open into dry ingredients)
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients, making sure that it's completely mixed.
- Store in a bottle or container (I use a jam canning jar).
- When you are ready to add it to your bath, scoop the desired amount of te mixture and tie securely in a muslin bag or even a facecloth will do.
- Tie to the faucet allowing the warm water to run over the bag.
- *to make almond meal: using a blender, grind up blanced or slivered almonds to a powdered consistency.