Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a great substitute for regular ice cream and couldn't be easier to make. You can substitute any flavoring that suites your fancy. I've made chocolate from cocoa powder, strawberry, strawberry-banana, peach,and maple-walnut. The coconut flavor enhances the other flavors and isn't very noticable. There is more than enough sugar in the cream of coconut but a little honey might add a nice touch.
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk, chilled
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut, room temperature This needs to be the commercial kind that contains emulsifiers and gums which is wh
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen fruit, chilled will also work Don't worry about using more than a cup, whatever doesn't fit into the ice cr
- 2 teaspoons immitation maple flavoring
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, broken into preferred size
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Put flavoring into blender then add Coconut Milk, Cream of Coconut and Vanilla.
- Blend to desired consistency and pour into a prepared ice cream maker and churn to the instructions. If you desire a more chunky ice cream, add more fruit or nuts to the ice cream about 1-2 minutes before it is finished.
- Remove the ice cream from the machine putting it into a freezer safe, air tight container and freeze for 3+ hours to firm up (but it's pretty good soft).