Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Contributed by Jeanine. Comes from my "Bee Prepared" Lone Peak Pantry Cookbook, an uncopywrited cookbook made and given out by the LDS Churches Food Storage Expert Christine Van Wagenen.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Butter a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan or If you want them in traditional Brown and Serve Roll style then butter as many cupcake pans as you have or will need (might need quite a few if you are doing batch cooking).
- In a medium sauce pan combine honey with milk. Stir over medium heat until honey dissolves. Stir in melted (If you don't premelt the butter you will REALLY wish you had, it takes a long time to melt in the honey) butter, Set aside to cool (I put mine in the fridge).
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixer bowl. Add pecans and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Whisk egg into cooled milk mixture until blended. Add to flour mixture in mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer just until blended.
- Pour mixture into buttered pan and smooth the top. or Using a teaspoon spoon out spoonfuls of batter and place them in the cupcake pans. If you put in four spoonfuls they will come out kind of clover leaf shaped.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes (if you are eating them now). Bake on a high rack in the oven (too low and the bottom will become too brown) for 10-12 minutes or until the rolls are firm but not golden (if you are freezing them for B&S rolls).
- Let rolls cool in pan until they are cool enough to touch comfortably. Remove from pan and let rolls cool more.
- To freeze: place rolls in gallon size zippy bag, label, and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly grease a cookie pan or cup cake pan. Place B&S rolls on the pan. Bake on a high rack in the oven (too low and the bottom will become too brown) until nicely warmed and golden by the oven approx 6-8 minutes.
Wonderful! Quick and easy to make, maoist, soft and sweet, I served with a whipped honey butter and they were a hit!
I absolutely love this recipe. My kids are very picky and they loved it too. I can't wait to make these for my entire family. The rolls are so soft and moist.