Recipe by Ceezie
When you cut into this wholesome-tasting bread, you can hardly believe it's not a yeast bread," assures Wendy Skipper of Cornelius, Oregon. "It's best warm from the oven...however, leftovers are also great toasted the next day." Recipe Source - TOH
Top Review by KateL
Wonderful tea bread, or snacking bread or holiday buffet bread, or gift bread... Why not make some Recipe #497916 #497916 to go with this, it paired beautifully? And this was so easy! Thank you for sharing, Ceezie. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game.
- 1 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, honey and butter. Heat just until the butter is melted. Cool for 10 minutes. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in milk mixture just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.