Recipe by echo echo
A quick bread, not a yeast bread, another of my longtime favorites adapted from my old Vegetarian Epicure cookbook. Unbelievably delicious spread with butter & honey--also good with cream cheese.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Only complaint is that it is too sweet for us but easy to correct and you can adjust sweetness to your taste buds. Otherwise a very good little bread and can be quite addictive. You could also use maple syrup if you like it.
- 236.59 ml milk
- 158.51 ml honey
- 59.14 ml butter
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml white flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml toasted wheat germ
- 236.59 ml walnut halves (optional) or 236.59 ml walnuts, chunks (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk and honey together until honey is dissolved, then stir in the butter.
- When the milk-butter mixture is somewhat cooled, beat in the eggs.
- Sift together the flour through salt; add wheat germ.
- Gradually stir the dry mixture into the liquid.
- Stir in nuts (if desired).
- Turn into 9 X 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325°F 1 hour.