Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe by Cat Cora, transcribed from her appearance on Chef's Story on PBS.
- 8 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces french reblochon cheese, at room temperature
- 8 slices baguette, lightly toasted (1/2 inch each)
- 1⁄4 cup clover honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Place the milk in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Adjust the heat as necessary to keep the milk at a simmer, and prevent the mixture from boiling over, until it has reduced by half. Whisk from time to time to keep a skin from forming along the top surface.
- Meanwhile, slice the cheese into pieces just smaller than the slices of toast. Top each piece of toast with a slice of cheese and set aside.
- Once the milk has reduced, whisk in the honey and add the salt. Ladle the soup into individual serving bowls. Float two pieces of toast with cheese on the top of each portion of soup. Garnish with the chives and serve immediately.