Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Easy, wonderful quickbread. I love it warm with a little butter and some tea.
Make and share this Milk and Honey Quick Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter loaf pan.
- In medium saucepan, combine 1/2 cup honey and milk; Stir over medium heat until honey dissolves.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Set aside to cool.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large mixer bowl.
- Add pecans and toss to coat.
- Set aside.
- Whisk egg into cooled milk mixture.
- Add to flour mixture.
- Beat at medium speed just until blended.
- Pour into pan and smooth top.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes until toothpick comes clean from center.
- Cool on rack 10 minutes, Remove and cool again on rack.
This was so good. I couldn't keep my nose out of the pot of warm milk and honey in Preparation for the recipe. Was a wonderful quick bread easy to put together and yummy warm with butter.