Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
this is not my own personal recipe, i added it for the zaar world tour game and now zaar reps refuse to remove it.
- Place the unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk into a large pot and cover with water, by about 2 inches.
- Bring the water to a boil and reduce heat so water is simmering.
- Maintain water level and simmering water for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, pour off water, being careful not to touch the cans.
- Let the cans cool completely before opening. This is now called dulce de leche.
- Grill the pineapple slices and dice small. Set aside.
- Onto 2 sheets of the baked puff pastry, evenly distribute the dulce de leche.
- Dulce de leche-side-up, layer one sheet one on top of the other (so it looks like: pastry, dulce de leche, pastry, dulce de leche).
- Then, place the remaining plain layer of puff pastry on top of the top layer of dulce de leche.
- Trim the edges, and cut into 2 by 3-inch triangles.
- Serve with pineapple.
Very good recipe. I plan on making this in the future both for my family and for guests. This made a ton, so I stored one entire can in a Tupperware container in my fridge so I can use it for either a faster prep time next time I make this or as a topping on ice cream. Oh, vanilla ice cream on the side is fantastic with this!
The dulce de leche was yummy and worth the wait...and is VERY rich! It doesn't take much of this stuff. I particularly liked the grilled pineapple but the "kids" loved it all and cleaned the plate...licking every last little bit they could get from their plates and fingers. lol Made for ZWT4.