Recipe by catalinacrawler
this is not my own personal recipe, i added it for the zaar world tour game and now zaar reps refuse to remove it.
Top Review by stephs_411
Very good recipe. I plan on making this in the future both for my family and for guests. This made a ton, so I stored one entire can in a Tupperware container in my fridge so I can use it for either a faster prep time next time I make this or as a topping on ice cream. Oh, vanilla ice cream on the side is fantastic with this!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 sheets puff pastry, baked according to box instructions
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and sliced into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk into a large pot and cover with water, by about 2 inches.
- Bring the water to a boil and reduce heat so water is simmering.
- Maintain water level and simmering water for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, pour off water, being careful not to touch the cans.
- Let the cans cool completely before opening. This is now called dulce de leche.
- Grill the pineapple slices and dice small. Set aside.
- Onto 2 sheets of the baked puff pastry, evenly distribute the dulce de leche.
- Dulce de leche-side-up, layer one sheet one on top of the other (so it looks like: pastry, dulce de leche, pastry, dulce de leche).
- Then, place the remaining plain layer of puff pastry on top of the top layer of dulce de leche.
- Trim the edges, and cut into 2 by 3-inch triangles.
- Serve with pineapple.