Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a traditional two-crust pie, but fits in about twice the apples of a regular pie. SO delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 2 crust pie crusts (9 or 10-inch )
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 8 -9 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- cinnamon sugar
- Peel, core and slice apples into a large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave apples for 5-8 minutes, stirring every few minutes until apples begin to soften and the bowl doesn't seem so full.
- Mix sugar, flour and spices thoroughly. Toss with apples.
- Line pie pan with one pie crust.
- Heap up apples in pie shell and dot with butter.
- Cover with slitted top-crust, seal, and flute the edges.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes;
- reduce to 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until bubbly.