This is a traditional two-crust pie, but fits in about twice the apples of a regular pie. SO delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 crust pie crusts (9 or 10-inch )
- 1Peel, core and slice apples into a large microwaveable bowl.
- 2Microwave apples for 5-8 minutes, stirring every few minutes until apples begin to soften and the bowl doesn't seem so full.
- 3Mix sugar, flour and spices thoroughly. Toss with apples.
- 4Line pie pan with one pie crust.
- 5Heap up apples in pie shell and dot with butter.
- 6Cover with slitted top-crust, seal, and flute the edges.
- 7Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 8Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes;
- 9reduce to 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mile-High Two-Crust Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.2
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.7 mg
- Sodium 251.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 47.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g