Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a traditional two-crust pie, but fits in about twice the apples of a regular pie. SO delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Peel, core and slice apples into a large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave apples for 5-8 minutes, stirring every few minutes until apples begin to soften and the bowl doesn't seem so full.
- Mix sugar, flour and spices thoroughly. Toss with apples.
- Line pie pan with one pie crust.
- Heap up apples in pie shell and dot with butter.
- Cover with slitted top-crust, seal, and flute the edges.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes;
- reduce to 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until bubbly.