Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I use a spring form pan to make this recipe. It is a great one to use up leftovers, but I didn't here. Substitute any of the ingredients at your pleasure. Serves 4 by itself or 6 with a nice garden salad.
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 10 ounces frozen broccoli, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, sliced
- 6 ounces black olives, sliced (small can)
- 1 (10 count) package refrigerated biscuits
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- Lightly grease an 8" spring form pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage in a skillet with onions and garlic, salt & pepper making sure to break up meat into small bits. Pour in sauce and simmer while cooking spaghetti in a seperate pot until just done. Remove sauce from heat and drain pasta. Also, while doing this, thaw the broccoli and squeeze as much water out as possible.
- Press the biscuits into the spring form pan, making sure to press the edges together and up the sides of the pan to form a thin crust covering the entire bottom and sides.
- Spread 1/2 the meat sauce into bottom of the pan. Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese over sauce. Place all of the pasta on top. Cover pasta with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with 1/3 more cheese. Top this with the broccoli, then the tomato and finally the olives.
- Bake for 20 minutes (everything is cooked so you are just melting cheese and heating through). Remove from oven and top with the remaining cheese, bake for 5 more minutes. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes. Release from the pan and place on a platter to serve.
If you are using angel hair (rice flour)pasta, just leave it in a hot water for a bit - do not cook or it will turn into mush.