Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I'm submitting this recipe as I found it, but honestly, the pie crust is not needed. I have made it with and without the crust - I like it with, but then, I go into a rapture over good pie crust (homemade, not packaged). Recipe found at Tablespoon.com. Please note that cooling time is not included in preparation time here ... you'll need to add an hour or two for that.
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) boxpillsbury chocolate chunk brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup reese's peanut butter chips
- 1⁄3 cup crisco pure vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup jif creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons fisher party peanuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons hershey's mini chips semi-sweet chocolate
- Heat oven to 350°F Unroll pie crust; place in ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie; flute edge.
- In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, peanut butter chips, oil, water and egg 50 strokes with spoon. Pour batter into crust-lined pie plate.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, covering edge of crust with strips of foil after 15 to 20 minutes, until crust is golden brown and center of brownie is set. Cool slightly, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture over brownie. Sprinkle with peanuts and chocolate chips. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.