Recipe by Pinaygourmet #345142
It's summer time again and the Okanagan Valley is overflowing with sweet, delicious and luscious fruits.Here's a perfect recipe for those gorgeous peaches.
- 4 lbs ripe peaches, peeled pitted and thickly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (10 inch) pastry for double-crust pie
- 125 g cream cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Use your favourite pastry recipe or purchase ready-made pie shells.
- Place rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 400°F
- In a large bowl, combine white and brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add peach slices and gently toss to evenly coat.
- Roll out half the pastry on lightly floured surface large enough to fit 10 inch deep dish pie plate.
- Brush rim with water. Spoon filling, tucking diced cream cheese in between layers of peaches. Roll out remaining pastry and fit over top.
- Trim 3/4 inch from edge. Tuck pastry under and flute the edges. Brush with milk and sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar. Cut steam vents in the centre.
- Place pie on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes.
- Cover crust edges with foil to prevent over-browning and continue to bake for about 1 more hour or until crust is golden and juices bubble thickly.
- Cool completely before serving.