Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
All you need is a electric frying pan, for this easy basic Brunch dish. Good served with toast and sliced tomatoes. Baking time depends on the number of eggs used. Kids really enjoy this due to its simplicity (I have even omitted the mushrooms) but feel free to change this recipe to reflect your tastes.
- Heat large electric frying pan to 300°F Fry mushrooms in butter.
- Meanwhile separate eggs whites and yolks into 2 different bowls. Beat egg whites until stiff. Set aside.
- Beat egg yolks, salt, pepper, flour, baking powder and milk.
- Fold in egg whites into yolk mixture. Gently pour over mushrooms. Seal tightly with lid and DO NOT lift lid. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle grated cheese over omelette. Close lid and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve with toast.