1/3 Photos of Mile High Meringue
Are you tired of weepy, sticky meringue? This meringue will not let you down. It stands proud and adorns your favorite pie with a delicious mound of delicate meringue. The cook time does not reflect the time to cool the cornstarch mixture. This recipe is from one of my all time favorite cookbooks-- More Make-A-Mix Cookery,
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, 3 tablespoons sugar, salt, lemon juice and water.
- 2Bring to a slow boil over medium heat and stir until clear and thick.
- 3Set aside and cool completely.
- 4In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 5Gradually add cooled cornstarch mixture, beating until mixture thickens.
- 6Gradually add 6 tablespoons sugar, beating until soft peaks form, approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
- 7Spoon the prepared meringue over your favorite pie and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mile High Meringue
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 324.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 114.0 g
- Protein 10.8 g