This pie's texture is as airy as a cloud and almost that high! Very creamy and lemony. Cooking time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
9inch d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake pie shell according to package directions for a refrigerated pie.
- 2In saucepan, stir together gelatine, 1 cup sugar and salt.
- 3Beat together eggs yolks, lemon juice and water.
- 4Stir into gelatine mixture.
- 5Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to boil.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in lemon zest and chill, stirring occasionally, until partially set.
- 8NOTE: You can make this in two 8-inch regular pie shells.
- 9In mixing bowl, add egg whites and beat until soft peaks form.
- 10Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar has dissolved.
- 11Fold the egg white mixture into the gelatine mixture until it becomes an even consistency.
- 12Pour into baked pie shell.
- 13Refrigerate and chill until firm (2 or more hours).
- 14Cut into small slices.
- 15If desired, dollop with whipped cream before serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mile High Lemon Pie
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 84.6 mg
- Sodium 228.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 3.7 g