Recipe by lil ladybug
This is a great Lasagna that Rachel made on the RR Show. I have varied from it a little. But we really like it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, grated
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 (28 ounce) can san marzano tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 -4 basil leaves, torn
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart milk
- fresh nutmeg
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups gratd parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup provolone cheese, grated
- parsley, chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skilled med. low, cook onion and garlic about 10 min, till tender.
- Turn heat up to med. high, brown beef, add beef stock, basil and tomatoes breaking up with potato masher or wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to bubble, reduce heat and simmer 5 minute.
- Make a white or beshemel sauce in a saucepan: melt butter, stir in flour, whisk in milk. Cook over med. high till thick, stirring. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Layer Lasagna in loaf pans for the mile high effect. Meat sauce, Lasagna, white sauce and a handful of cheese, repeat till its a mile high!
- Cover with aluminum foil, place pans on baking sheet, Bake 30 minutes Uncover Bake15 more minutes.
- Notes: Sometimes I half this for my small family and only make 1 loaf pan. I have used dry seasoning, but I'm sure fresh are better. I also just use ground beef and my own canned tomatoes. Sometimes I add cottage cheese just sprinkled on. I really think the white sauce makes it good though!