1/4 Photos of Mile-High Crock Pot Lasagna With Zucchini or Spinach
5 hrs 20 mins
This is such a wonderful lasagna recipe! Very hearty and delicious with nice deep layers, plenty of meat and cheese, and just the right amount of seasoned sauce--- plus it's a great way to sneak some veggies into your family's meal!! Very easy to prepare, and any leftovers are great reheated the next day. Equally good with chopped spinach or zucchini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced thinly into 1/4-inch pieces (or about 1-2 cups chopped spinach)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon anise seed, crushed (optional)
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 (26 -28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, any flavor
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 11 -12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1Brown the beef, onions, zucchini, and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet, stirring to break up meat.
- 2Stir in the oregano, basil, pepper, crushed anise seeds, sliced mushrooms, parsley, spaghetti sauce, and wine.
- 3In a separate bowl, stir together the beaten egg and the ricotta cheese, beating well until mixture is smooth. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese, combine well.
- 4Grease the bottom and sides of the crock pot (I use cooking spray or butter).
- 5Layer about 1/4 of the meat sauce mixture in the bottom of the crock pot. Put a layer of noodles on top of that (break noodles to fit, overlapping is fine). Put about 1/3 of the cheese mixture and sprinkle with 1/4 of the mozzarella. Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheese for another two layers. Top with meat sauce and a little Parmesan and shredded mozzarella on top.
- 6Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours (4 hours on HIGH plus 30 minutes on LOW, in my 1990s 'older' model 4-Quart crock pot), or until noodles are tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mile-High Crock Pot Lasagna With Zucchini or Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 756.7
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 160.7 mg
- Sodium 1034.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 54.0 g