1/1 Photo of Mile-High Cabbage Pie #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Have you ever made cabbage pockets? Some people call them Kraut Burgers. My mom calls them German Hamburgers. I am referring to the little buns of dough filled with hamburger and cabbage. I used to make the dough from scratch - let it rise, punch it, and all that. Too much work for this girl! I have an easier way… a casserole that tastes like cabbage pockets. This is much easier to make because you don't have to roll out the dough to make individual burgers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) bag coleslaw mix (cabbage and carrots)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) bag Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 2In stockpot, brown ground beef over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Add coleslaw mix. Cover pan and cook, stirring often, until cabbage softens, about 10 minutes. Mix in potatoes. Stir in soup. Cover and reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- 3Unroll 1 can of dough. Press in 13x9-inch glass baking dish to form bottom crust. Spread cabbage mixture evenly over crust. Unroll second can of dough on wax paper. Press seams together to make one sheet. Place over top to form top crust. Press and tuck edges to seal.
- 4Bake 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into 8 squares.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mile-High Cabbage Pie #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 802.9
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 167.3 mg
- Sodium 1698.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 48.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion