Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Want a good foundation for a day of skiing, snowboarding, or just a warm, tasty start to your day? Breakfast burritos are the fare of choice in Colorado. This is a homemade favorite, with a special interchangeable fifth ingredient, sure to suit adults and children alike!
- 1 lb of good sausage, spicy
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 10 large eggs
- 12 six inch flour tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) canhatch green chili sauce
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk briskly until incorporated.
- Open Hatch Green Chili sauce and heat on low in a small sauce pan.
- In a large non stick skillet begin to brown sausage, chopping with spatula into crumbles as you would for chili.
- When about half cooked, add 2 heaping cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions, seasoning potatoes to taste. Continue cooking until sausage is browned through and potatoes are soft and picking up some color.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon into a large bowl and cover; pour off any drippings from skillet.
- Give eggs a final whisk in bowl and pour into the skillet, season as normal, and scramble eggs.
- When eggs are scrambled soft, return sausage and potatoes to the skillet and finish cooking, incorporating eggs, sausage and potatoes together.
- Remove from heat and serve, spooning two to three large spoonfuls onto a warm tortilla. Top with your favorite Green Chili sauce (Hatch green chili enchilada sauce is tasty and available everywhere), or, if preferred for the youngsters, sprinkle medium cheddar cheese shreds on top like a taco.
- This is a hands on breakfast, so pick them up like a taco and enjoy, no silverware necessary. In a hurry? Wrap in foil and take breakfast with you!