1/1 Photo of Mile High Breakfast Burrito #5FIX
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Want a good foundation for a day of skiing, snowboarding, or just a warm, tasty start to your day? Breakfast burritos are the fare of choice in Colorado. This is a homemade favorite, with a special interchangeable fifth ingredient, sure to suit adults and children alike!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk briskly until incorporated.
- 2Open Hatch Green Chili sauce and heat on low in a small sauce pan.
- 3In a large non stick skillet begin to brown sausage, chopping with spatula into crumbles as you would for chili.
- 4When about half cooked, add 2 heaping cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions, seasoning potatoes to taste. Continue cooking until sausage is browned through and potatoes are soft and picking up some color.
- 5Remove from skillet with slotted spoon into a large bowl and cover; pour off any drippings from skillet.
- 6Give eggs a final whisk in bowl and pour into the skillet, season as normal, and scramble eggs.
- 7When eggs are scrambled soft, return sausage and potatoes to the skillet and finish cooking, incorporating eggs, sausage and potatoes together.
- 8Remove from heat and serve, spooning two to three large spoonfuls onto a warm tortilla. Top with your favorite Green Chili sauce (Hatch green chili enchilada sauce is tasty and available everywhere), or, if preferred for the youngsters, sprinkle medium cheddar cheese shreds on top like a taco.
- 9This is a hands on breakfast, so pick them up like a taco and enjoy, no silverware necessary. In a hurry? Wrap in foil and take breakfast with you!
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mile High Breakfast Burrito #5FIX
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 844.1
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 530.8 mg
- Sodium 1810.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion