1/1 Photo of Mile-High Biscuits (Scones)
From "Country Fair Cookbook" published in 1975. I use butter instead of shortening.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- 2Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt.
- 3Cut in shortening/butter with pastry blender or two knives until it resembles a coarse meal. (Or you can just rub it in with your fingers).
- 4Combine egg and milk.
- 5Add this to the flour mix all at once, stirring with fork just enough to make a soft dough that sticks together.
- 6Knead lightly on lightly floured surface 15 times.
- 7Roll out to 1" (2.5cm) thickness.
- 8Cut with floured 2" (5cm) cutter and place 1" (2.5cm) apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- 9Bake in oven 12 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mile-High Biscuits (Scones)
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.2
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.7 mg
- Sodium 447.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.6 g