1/1 Photo of Mile "high" Biscuits
This recipe came from my MIL who has used it for over 50 years for the farm, sawmill hands, gas & store station, and friends and family. Please, enjoy a real treat just about anytime you want something really special. Be sure to try them the next time you make a stew or soup to die for!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 Degree's.
- 2Mix dry ingredients.
- 3Cut in shortening.
- 4Add egg in the cup of milk and whisk.
- 5Add to mixture of dry ingredients mixed with shortening.
- 6Knead into a ball.
- 7Pull apart and roll pieces the size of a tennis ball in palm of your hand.
- 8May be rolled out and cut with a circular dough cutter @ desired thickness.
- 9Melt butter.
- 10Put either ball or circular cut out dough on cookie sheet.
- 11Indent top of biscuit and brush melted butter on top.
- 12Bake for 15 minutes @450.
- 14Please, watch carefully as every oven is different.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mile "high" Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.2
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.9 mg
- Sodium 323.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g