This recipe came from my MIL who has used it for over 50 years for the farm, sawmill hands, gas & store station, and friends and family. Please, enjoy a real treat just about anytime you want something really special. Be sure to try them the next time you make a stew or soup to die for!
- Preheat oven to 450 Degree's.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add egg in the cup of milk and whisk.
- Add to mixture of dry ingredients mixed with shortening.
- Knead into a ball.
- Pull apart and roll pieces the size of a tennis ball in palm of your hand.
- May be rolled out and cut with a circular dough cutter @ desired thickness.
- Melt butter.
- Put either ball or circular cut out dough on cookie sheet.
- Indent top of biscuit and brush melted butter on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes @450.
- Please, watch carefully as every oven is different.
OK so folks, just throw away all of your other biscuit recipe and use this one. My goodness these are awesome. I followed the recipe exactly and only added 1 tablespoon of sugar (personal preference). I also baked them at 425 for 15 minutes. Oh, don't forget brushing them with butter part. They came out golden, the crust has a slight crisp to it. The crumb is tender and moist. They just melt in your mouth. Can't you tell I love this recipe LOL. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us.
Genius=genius=genius==i am 66 yrs old =have tried moms and grandmoms and all here on this site-=you are a genius=i said -no way=not that much=cream of tartar =not that much baking powder==then I tried it to see-==you are a genius=biscuits from heaven=come one and all and enjoy==god bless=
I made these biscuits tonight and everyone said don't even try any other recipes, this is the one. To think it has taken 64 years to find the absolute best biscuit recipe. Your MIL had to be some awesome cook. Thanks a million for posting and sharing this delicious recipe with us.