Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa combines both fresh and canned tomatoes plus onion, jalapeño and serranno peppers, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, vinegar and cumin in a blender until pureed.
- 6 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium white onion, quartered
- 6 jalapeno peppers, chopped, do not discard seeds
- 4 serrano chili peppers, chopped, do not discard seeds
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes (drain juice but do not discard, set aside)
- Combine ingredients in a blender and purée. Add as much of the tomato juice as desired to suit your desired consistency.
Good MILD salsa. I usually go for the spicier stuff, but this is a good recipe for those not really looking for the heat.