Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 8 dried tomatoes (oil-free)
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 3 -4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tamari or 1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Soak the dried tomatoes in the hot water for 20 to 30 minutes, or until they become soft and plump.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the tomatoes to a food processor and add the garlic; chop finely.
- Pour tomato-soaking water into the processor and blend well.
- Add the olive oil or apple juice, orange juice concentrate, 3 tablespoons vinegar, soy sauce, chile powder, pepper and salt if using.
- Process until the dressing is creamy.
- Taste and add another tablespoon vinegar if needed.
- Pour into a jar, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Glad to find this already posted, as I was about to. This is a recipe from Dr. Andrew Weil and Rosie Daley's, "The Healthy Kitchen".