Recipe by Amy - Ellie's Mommie
Use this recipe as a filling for tacos, burritos or even enchiladas. Add more or less chili powder depending on your family's tastes. This recipe is in the mild/medium range, and is suitable for children.
Top Review by Mrs. Wright
As written, this recipe tasted like plain hamburger! I had to do a lot of doctoring to give it flavor, such as tripling the chili powder and cumin, doubling the paprika, and adding some cayenne pepper. Even then it was missing something.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder (I use ancho chili powder)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until soft and clear.
- Do not brown.
- In a small bowl, mix together spices and flour.
- When onions and garlic are cooked through, add ground beef to the pan.
- Immediately add flour/spice mixture and mix completely with the meat in the skillet.
- Add tomato sauce and water, and stir well to incorporate.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve in taco shells or tortillas.