Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This chutney tastes best on sandwiches, topped with sliced tomatoes, though you can use any toppings/fillings you like. The recipe makes enough to spread on 5 slices of bread.
- 3⁄4 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 2 medium green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Grind all the ingredients in a mixer/grinder until smooth.
- Use as a spread for sandwiches, and top with anything you like!
Anu, Hugs for you! I wonder what I would do without you. I made this for lunch today just for me and I am so happy I can't express my gratefulness to you in words. I omitted the ginger and cheese and this still is 'THE BEST Low Cal CHUTNEY' ever! I spread it initially on 2 slices of bread and had it. I liked it so much that I spread it on 2 more:) I did not top it off with tomato slices or anything. Plain and simple, this recipe is a winner! Oceans OF Thanks To You!