Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I had set out to make Chef#59780 's Our Family Favourite Crock Pot Chili (Oamc), only to discover after I had started that I didn't have quite the right ingredients. So I improvised and even dh loved it! It is very mildly spiced. You will need a larger crockpot for this one.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet and drain.
- Combine beef with the next nine ingredients in a large crock pot.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on Low or 3-4 hours on High.
- Serve, adding cheddar cheese and/or sour cream, if desired.
I love this chili! It's so easy to make and has so many great ingredients.
Made only half of the recipe & then included only 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin powder! I also drained & rinsed the beans (to reduce the amount of sodium) & used cans of reduced-sodium diced tomatoes & tomato sauce! Then, except for a taste-test bowl, the rest was packaged & frozen! A VERY TASTY & easy-to-prepare chili, & your keeper-of-a-recipes is much appreciated! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]