I know I got this recipe of this site but I just went to rate it and can't find it. So I am going to list what I do. I always have a jar of these in the fridge. I like Walmart brand mild jalapenos the best.
- Drain the jalapenos (keep the jar) in a colander and rinse with water for 1 minute.
- Most seeds are going to drift to the bottom.
- Put about 1 TBS of sugar and the minced garlic in the bottom of the jar.
- Add approximately 1/4 cup of the jalapenos and then alternate putting in the remaining sugar and rinsed drained jalapenos I leave most of the seeds in the colander and throw them away because I am a heat wimp.
- Put the lid on tight and roll the jar around to distribute the sugar and garlic.
- Put in the refrigerator for 48 hours.
- After 48 hours you'll see syrup forming on the bottom. Check that the seal is tight on the jar and shake the jar a couple of times and then flip the jar over and put the jar back in the fridge up side down for 48 hours. The syrup will now run to the bottom and work on dissolving the remaining sugar.
- Serve with savory items.