Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a comforting and mild burrito recipe. My husband and kids love it. I like it because it's easy and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. A great way to use leftover rice and chicken! It can be made healthier by using brown rice and whole wheat tortillas. You can also add onions and garlic to the recipe for added flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 5 slices swiss cheese
- 5 large tortillas
- 1 (10 ounce) can green chili sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with baking spray - or just use extra green chili sauce on the bottom of the dish to keep the burritos from sticking.
- Combine chicken, rice, cream of chicken soup, green chilis and pepper in a bowl. Take a tortilla and place a slice of swiss cheese in the middle. Spoon 1/5 of the chicken mixture on the tortilla and roll up. Place in a glass baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Pour the green chili sauce over the top of the burritos. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for another 10 minutes. If you are a cheese lover - feel free to top the burrito with cheddar or monterey jack cheese for the last 10 minutes of baking. Serve with mexican corn. Enjoy!
Yum! I was a little suprised, but the kids loved these burritos! Just the right kick. I used a deli-cooked chicken which made prep that much easier! Made for Fall PAC 2009.