Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
I am just starting to enjoy making risotto different ways--so far this is my favorite! So I thought that it would be perfect for my first public recipe!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine broth and saffron threads with water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and keep at a bare simmer.
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium. Add onion; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add rice, and cook, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Add wine, and cook, stirring occasionally, until absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups hot broth; simmer over medium-low, stirring occasionally, until mostly absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes. Continue adding broth, 1 cup at a time, allowing each to be absorbed before adding the next, stirring occasionally, until rice is creamy and just tender, 20 -25 minutes. After adding last cup of broth, add frozen peas.
- Note: You may not need all the broth. :).
- Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan and remaining 2 tablespoons butter; season with salt and pepper.