Top Review by woodland hues
This was excellent! The chicken breasts were just nicely cooked through and tender and the coating gives a great flavour; I used fresh grated Asiago mixed in with the crumbs. I have to make this again because it's incredibly easy and fast for a week night, and because all about the chutney and I have to serve that next time for sure! Thanks for posting a keeper, Dancer.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or 1 tablespoon hot Dijon mustard, plus
- 1 tablespoon mustard, for sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3⁄4 cup toasted breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney or 1⁄4 cup cranberry chutney
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, 1 tablespoon of the mustard, and the pepper; mix well.
- Spread mixture over one side of each chicken breast half.
- In a shallow plate or pie plate, combine bread crumbs and cheese; mix well.
- Press each piece of chicken, mustard side down, into crumbs; transfer, crumb side up, to a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle any remaining crumb mixture over chicken.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and coating is a deep golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon mustard and chutney.
- Serve sauce with chicken.