Recipe by Nikki Kate
This is the safest place I can think to put this recipe. I went searching for it and almost couldn't find it! The is the only Chicken and Biscuit recipe my husband will eat!
Top Review by Onambarwen
Great recipe. Very simple. I added a couple leftover half-empty bags of frozen mixed veggies from the freezer and served it with homemade biscuits. My family loved it. There was hardly any left over, and I caught Dad snitching spoonfuls out of the pot.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained but reserve liquid
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 6 -10 biscuits (homemade or from a can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine/butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion cook until crisp-tender.
- Stir in flour and pepper. Cook over low heat until mixture is smoothand bubbly stirring constantly.
- Stir in bouillion, milk, water and reserved mushroom liquid. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken. Cook until thoroughtly heated, stirring occasionally. Serve over biscuits.
- *Note: I have added pea, corn and carrots to this, either one or all. Very Good!