Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the recipe my husband is famous for. Everyone loves it and always asks for the recipe. It's great, easy, and can be doubled for a crowd!
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 lb white corn (about 2 cans)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cansgreat dry northern white beans
- reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- Put water, lemon pepper, and cumin seed in a large pot.
- Bring to boil, Add diced chicken and cook completely (about 10-15 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low.
- In a separate skillet, saute the chopped garlic and onion about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, onions, and all of the remaining ingredients into the pot (except cheese).
- Keep the temperature low and simmer for at least 1/2 hour.
- Serve the chili over or with nacho chips and shredded cheese.
- NOTE: DO NOT drain the liquid from the canned ingredients.
- Add all of it to the chili.
This was awesome...I think cooking the chicken first w/all of the seasoning made all of the difference in the world!!! YUMMY! Will surely be making this again and again! Thank you for sharing!
My 8 year old son made this recipe as part of a homeschooling bizarre math/science lesson and it was great! I baked the chicken first so he could just cut it and add to the crockpot. He was so proud of himself he asked his neighborhood friends over for dinner. Thanks for a simple and yummy recipe.
This recipe is awesome! It is a great one to serve to a crowd and can be made quickly. I do it on the stove, not the crock pot and it turns out great. I substituted chicken broth for the water, and use frozen white shoepeg corn instead of the canned corn. We also serve it with extra limes. Definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing this great recipe.