Recipe by Kimke
This is the recipe my husband is famous for. Everyone loves it and always asks for the recipe. It's great, easy, and can be doubled for a crowd!
Top Review by Amy V
This was awesome...I think cooking the chicken first w/all of the seasoning made all of the difference in the world!!! YUMMY! Will surely be making this again and again! Thank you for sharing!
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 lb white corn (about 2 cans)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cansgreat dry northern white beans
- reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water, lemon pepper, and cumin seed in a large pot.
- Bring to boil, Add diced chicken and cook completely (about 10-15 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low.
- In a separate skillet, saute the chopped garlic and onion about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, onions, and all of the remaining ingredients into the pot (except cheese).
- Keep the temperature low and simmer for at least 1/2 hour.
- Serve the chili over or with nacho chips and shredded cheese.
- NOTE: DO NOT drain the liquid from the canned ingredients.
- Add all of it to the chili.