Prep 30 mins
Cook 23 mins
got this off the cake mix doctor site - sounds fabulous!
- 6 large sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 18 large marshmallows
- Scrub the sweet potatoes to remove any dirt, and place in a 3-quart saucepan. Cover with cold water, and place the pan over medium-high heat, covered. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, and let the potatoes simmer until they are tender, 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter or mist with vegetable oil spray a 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish. Set the pan aside.
- Cut the butter into tablespoon-size pieces, and place them in a large mixing bowl. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle but still warm, peel, cut into quarters and place on top of the butter in the bowl. Add the brown sugar, orange juice, sherry, salt, and cinnamon. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until the potatoes are fluffy and the butter has melted, 1 minute. Add the eggs and blend until they are incorporated, 30 to 45 seconds. Fold in the raisins. Turn the sweet potato mixture into the prepared pan.
- Line up the marshmallows on top of the sweet potatoes, with three across and six down, or whatever pattern works for you. Place the pan in the oven and let it bake until the marshmallows are well browned and the casserole is bubbly, 23 to 27 minutes.
- Remove and serve at once.