Recipe by spooky3d
A Chili that on first taste seems sweet but then the spice kicks in. First created for a chili cook off at my work.
- 5 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 yellow onions
- 3 (500 ml) bottles Thai sweet chili sauce
- 4 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 4 (32 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 2 orange peppers
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat, seasoning with garlic powder and salt and pepper, put into large cooking pot (13L or more).
- Brown onions in small amount of olive oil until almost clear and sweet smelling add to beef.
- Add all 3 bottles of sweet chili sauce to the beef and onions and set to simmer for 1 hour.
- After simmering use cornstarch to emulsify the oil from the sweet chili sauce into the mixture.
- add the beans, tomatoes and peppers.
- Simmer for 3 hours.
- Serve with garlic toast and top with shredded cheese.
- Freezes great for quick meals.