Prep 1 hr
Cook 3 hrs
A sweeter version of Boston Baked Beans.
- 2 cups dried navy beans
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄8 lb salt pork, cubed (skin removed)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (loose packed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 onion (chopped)
- 4 cups boiling water
- Soak beans overnight, drain and discard water.
- Add beans and cold water to soup pot and simmer slowly till beans are tender, about an hour to 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Drain beans.
- Add all ingredients, but boiling water to greased bean pot.
- Top with boiling water by about an inch.
- Bake at 250 for 3-5 hours.
- Stir occaisionaly.
I didn't like these at all. The sweetness was right, but the beans didn't taste good otherwise!
hey 2 for 2 like I use to have them--grew up in French family and we like our beans sweet