Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is from the Lake Forest Cafe in Folsom, California. It's great for a brunch, served with fried eggs, omlets or hamburgers. Originally from a June 1984 issue of Bon Apetit in the R.S.V.P. Letters to the Editor section.
Top Review by Snow Pea
I clipped this recipe from Bon Appetit years ago and have been making it and enjoying it ever since! It's a great side with burgers! I've used cubed frozen hash browns in a pinch, but cooking the potatoes yourself is really best.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 3 medium baking potatoes, unpeeled, boiled and diced
- 295.73 ml monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 295.73 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 158.51 ml tomatoes, diced (about 1 medium)
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml onions, minced
- 29.58 ml green onions, chopped
- 118.29 ml avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 118.29 ml sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add diced potatoes and cook until browned and crisp,stirring frequently.
- Add cheeses, tomato, onion and green onion and stir until cheese melts.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix in avocado.
- Spoon onto plates and top with a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve immediately.