1/1 Photo of Mike's Potatoes
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This is from the Lake Forest Cafe in Folsom, California. It's great for a brunch, served with fried eggs, omlets or hamburgers. Originally from a June 1984 issue of Bon Apetit in the R.S.V.P. Letters to the Editor section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 medium baking potatoes, unpeeled, boiled and diced
- 1 1/4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup tomato, diced (about 1 medium)
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Melt butter in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add diced potatoes and cook until browned and crisp,stirring frequently.
- 3Add cheeses, tomato, onion and green onion and stir until cheese melts.
- 4Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Gently mix in avocado.
- 6Spoon onto plates and top with a dollop of sour cream.
- 7Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mike's Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.3
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 343.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 13.8 g