Prep 2 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend Mike came up with this recipe years ago and I have to say it quickly became a family favorite.
- 4 large baking potatoes (sliced)
- 4 large sweet onions (sliced)
- 20 ounces cream of mushroom soup (2-10 oz cans., fill 1 can with milk and combine with soup)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preeheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine soup and milk, spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray, then spoon enough soup mixture in and spread to cover bottom of dish. Place a layer of potatoes then a layer of onions, sprinkle with salt and pepper, pour soup mixture to cover well and continue layering in that order, ending with a layer of potatoes and soup mixture. Shredded cheddar cheese may also be sprinkled on top if desired.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, casserole should start to brown lightly, start testing potatoes with tip of knife, when tender it's done.