1/2 Photos of Mike's New England Chicken, Italian Sausage and Garden Green Pep
I don't know who Mike is, or on which website I originally found his recipe, but it is a family staple. Thanks, Mike, whoever you are!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage link, casings removed and cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped, including juice
- 1/4 cup italian dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated for sprinkling
- fresh parsley (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, saute the onions, garlic, mushrooms, and bell pepper in the olive oil. Keep stirring until the vegetables begin to brown nicely.
- 2Add the chicken, sausage, can of tomatoes with juice, red wine, oregano, basil, and sugar.
- 3Simmer the mixture very gently, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- 4While sauce is cooking, in a large kettle of salted water, cook the spaghetti until it is al dente, then drain well.
- 5Add the fresh cream to the tomato mixture. Adjust taste with sapt and pepper and simmer the sauce for another 3 minutes, or until it is thickened slightly.
- 6Remove the finished sauce from the heat.
- 7Serve tomato mixture over spaghetti, sprinkled with grated cheese and parsley.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mike's New England Chicken, Italian Sausage and Garden Green Pep
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 885.3
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.1 mg
- Sodium 839.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 44.8 g