Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My grandmother made a version of this when I was a kid. I loved the recipe, then the DH added a few spices. It's still just as good as I remember growing up. Hope your family enjoys it as well. I'm guessing at the the box size since I don't have it in front of me, but it's the standard size box. You can also use fresh herbs if they are available.
- 1 (14 ounce) box mostaccioli noodles
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce, homemade if available
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 dashes Tabasco sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 and boil water for pasta.
- Cook noodles in accordance with package, until al dente.
- Mix all ingrediants and put in 13 x 9 or other deep casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray (regular, butter flavored or oilve oil flavored).
- Bake for 30 minutes.