Recipe by Mike Matta
This is probably the best Red Beans and Rice you will ever have. Everytime i make it my family just devours. It's really great with hot sauce and corn bread.
Top Review by LIN1121
Made this last night, great short cut recipe to authentic louisiana red beans and rice, followed exactly..next time I will season ground beef with a little cajun seasoning while browning to boost flavor..thanks!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, cut in slices
- 1 (28 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2⁄3 cup celery (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger and onions.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Then mix in the red kidney beans, kielbasa, garlic, Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil and let simmer for 60 minutes.
- Cook one cup of rice and when done mix into pot.
- Mix the flour and cold water to make a slurry and pour into pot to thicken sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.