Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is probably the best Red Beans and Rice you will ever have. Everytime i make it my family just devours. It's really great with hot sauce and corn bread.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, cut in slices
- 1 (28 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2⁄3 cup celery (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup rice
- Brown hamburger and onions.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Then mix in the red kidney beans, kielbasa, garlic, Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil and let simmer for 60 minutes.
- Cook one cup of rice and when done mix into pot.
- Mix the flour and cold water to make a slurry and pour into pot to thicken sauce.
- Serve and enjoy.
Made this last night, great short cut recipe to authentic louisiana red beans and rice, followed exactly..next time I will season ground beef with a little cajun seasoning while browning to boost flavor..thanks!
very good..I tried this because I had all the ingredients,but it's a keeper, I didn't have to cook it an hour more like half-hour,and didn't have to use the thickner, made it alittle more spicy but we like it that way ..very good and my family and yours devoured !