Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my adaption of many other Granola recipes, especially "Healthy Granola" #100464. I like my granola to have crunchy clusters. I achieve these clusters by briefly cooking the granola on the stove, then baking.
- 314.66 ml water
- 78.07 ml canola oil
- 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 1892.72 ml rolled oats
- 59.14 ml oat bran
- 59.14 ml millet
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds
- 236.59 ml shredded coconut
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 236.59 ml almonds, chopped
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 354.88 ml raisins
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Mix together the water, oil, maple syrup and vanilla in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, mix together the remaining ingredients except for the raisins.
- Pour the water mixture into the soup pot.
- Cook on the stove top on medium to medium low heat, constantly mixing, for about 5 minutes. When the mixture starts to form gluey clumps remove from stove.
- Spread out mixture on two cookie sheets very lightly sprayed with oil. Cook for 60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the granola is dry and lightly golden in color.
- Remove from oven;allow to cool. Mix in raisins.
Very good granola! I made a few changes: halved the recipe, used oat bran, 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup pecans, 1 cup raisins and 1 cup orange flavored cranberries. I also added a little bit of ginger, but left out the millet, seeds, and almonds (didn't have them, but will add the seeds next time!). I love eating this plain by the handful!