Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Memories of university.... The temperature seems a little low, though I got the recipe directly from Mike. It's been a number of years since I've made them. You might have to up the temperature.
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick oats (3 min variety)
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream margarine, sugars, vanilla and Grand Marnier in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Add baking soda and flour and stir until blended.
- Stir in oats, then chocolate chips.
- Drop by the tablespoonfuls 5 cm apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 300°F for 5-10 minutes or until done. Allow to cool somewhat before removing from cookie sheet.
This makes a lovely chocolate chip cookie, but I couldn't taste the Grand Marnier. Perhaps adding a bit of orange zest would enhance the orange flavor.
I agree, very nice chocolate chip cookie, nice and soft, but not much of a Grand Marnier taste. Will make this again and try adding orange zest.