Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Trial and error with several different pasta sauce recipes led to this combination of ingredients which has become a family favorite. *May substitute red wine for white.
- 4 lbs tomatoes, skinned seeded, and diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 4 banana peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- Heat oil.
- Saute shallots, peppers, and garlic.
- Add tomatoes and wine, then basil, oregano, and parsley.
- Add sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Add tomato paste.
- Bring to a low boil.
- Add bay leaves (be sure to remove the leaves before serving).
- Simmer 30 minutes.