1/4 Photos of Mike's Fresh Green Bean Salad
1 hr 15 mins
Summer bounty. Green beans, Tomatoes, Shallots, & Garlic. Cooking time includes the time dressing needs to rest. This recipe was told to me by my chiropractor. He shares my love for shallots, and is also a self proclaimed "foodie".
My Private Note
Small S ...
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml white balsamic vinegar
- 0.25 ml sea salt or 0.25 ml other coarse salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 118.29 ml shallot (finely diced)
- 1Make dressings about an hour before serving.
- 2Whisk the salt and vinegar together in a small bowl and set aside (room temperature).
- 3Put the olive oil in a small jar with a lid, adding the garlic and shallots (room temperature).
- 4Peel, seed, and coarsely chop tomatoes, and put in colander and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- 5Allow tomatoes to drain.
- 6Clean beans, break into bite size, and blanch 4-6 minutes.
- 7Plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking for 2 minutes.
- 8Drain, dry, wrap in towel.
- 9When ready to serve, add the vinegar to the olive oil mix, cover, and shake vigorously.
- 10Put beans in chilled bowl, pour dressing over beans, and toss.
- 11Add the drained tomatoes.
- 12Garnish with the parsley and correct the seasoning.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mike's Fresh Green Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.4
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 632.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar