Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Summer bounty. Green beans, Tomatoes, Shallots, & Garlic. Cooking time includes the time dressing needs to rest. This recipe was told to me by my chiropractor. He shares my love for shallots, and is also a self proclaimed "foodie".
- 14.79 ml white balsamic vinegar
- 0.25 ml sea salt or 0.25 ml other coarse salt
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 118.29 ml shallot (finely diced)
- 226.79 g tomatoes
- 4.92 ml sea salt or 4.92 ml other coarse salt, to sprinkle over tomatoes
- 226.79 g green beans
- 29.58 ml flat-leaf Italian parsley (finely minced)
- Make dressings about an hour before serving.
- Whisk the salt and vinegar together in a small bowl and set aside (room temperature).
- Put the olive oil in a small jar with a lid, adding the garlic and shallots (room temperature).
- Peel, seed, and coarsely chop tomatoes, and put in colander and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Allow tomatoes to drain.
- Clean beans, break into bite size, and blanch 4-6 minutes.
- Plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking for 2 minutes.
- Drain, dry, wrap in towel.
- When ready to serve, add the vinegar to the olive oil mix, cover, and shake vigorously.
- Put beans in chilled bowl, pour dressing over beans, and toss.
- Add the drained tomatoes.
- Garnish with the parsley and correct the seasoning.