Recipe by CocoaVan
This is to die for! I found this on Ben & Jerry's website a few months ago. Now that I've tasted it I can't believe I waited that long to try it. I'm adding it to my list of all-time favorite comfort foods. Brought it to work and it disappeared in 10 minutes flat! I omitted the sugar the recipe calls for because it was sweet enough for me. I also used the regular sized semisweet chocolate chips instead of the miniature ones and added about 1/2 cup coarsely broken walnuts. An easy way to melt the ice cream is to put the unopened pints in the fridge overnight to thaw out. This would be a great brunch recipe. Enjoy!
- 1182.95 ml bread cubes (use stale French bread cut into 1" cubes)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 946.38 ml Ben & Jerry chunky monkey ice cream, melted
- 7.39 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 118.29 ml miniature dark chocolate chips
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch cake pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place bread cubes in an even layer in bottom of pan.
- Sprinkle sliced bananas and chocolate chips evenly over bread cubes.
- Stir together the eggs, melted ice cream, sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Pour this mixture evenly over bread cubes.
- Bake for 27- 30 minutes or until pudding is set.
- Pudding should still appear moist on top.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Place on cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.