Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is pretty much the same as other rollups" flatten the chicken, put ingredients on top of the flattened chicken, roll it up, add a topping. I like the taste of mine, and the spinach starts out raw instead of blanched. This recipe is for two rollups - enough for teo people, but no more, increase the recipe if you are making these for company.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 3 -4 ounces Baby Spinach
- chicken gravy
- bacon bits
- Pound the chicken flat. I use a method I saw on TV: Butterfly the breast, and use a heavy iron skillet to pound it flat instead of a hammer. one or two good whacks is all it takes.
- Place the ingredients on the chicken. I always place the ham first, as a barrier to keep the provolone from escaping. The spinach is last.
- Roll up the chicken firmly. The spinach should crunch when you rollup the chicken.
- place the two rollups seam side down in a baking dish. Spoon some gravy over the ttop of the rollups.
- Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- spoon more gravy over the cooked rollups, and sprinkle bacon bits over them.