Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is pretty much the same as other rollups" flatten the chicken, put ingredients on top of the flattened chicken, roll it up, add a topping. I like the taste of mine, and the spinach starts out raw instead of blanched. This recipe is for two rollups - enough for teo people, but no more, increase the recipe if you are making these for company.
- Pound the chicken flat. I use a method I saw on TV: Butterfly the breast, and use a heavy iron skillet to pound it flat instead of a hammer. one or two good whacks is all it takes.
- Place the ingredients on the chicken. I always place the ham first, as a barrier to keep the provolone from escaping. The spinach is last.
- Roll up the chicken firmly. The spinach should crunch when you rollup the chicken.
- place the two rollups seam side down in a baking dish. Spoon some gravy over the ttop of the rollups.
- Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- spoon more gravy over the cooked rollups, and sprinkle bacon bits over them.