This is pretty much the same as other rollups" flatten the chicken, put ingredients on top of the flattened chicken, roll it up, add a topping. I like the taste of mine, and the spinach starts out raw instead of blanched. This recipe is for two rollups - enough for teo people, but no more, increase the recipe if you are making these for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound the chicken flat. I use a method I saw on TV: Butterfly the breast, and use a heavy iron skillet to pound it flat instead of a hammer. one or two good whacks is all it takes.
- 2Place the ingredients on the chicken. I always place the ham first, as a barrier to keep the provolone from escaping. The spinach is last.
- 3Roll up the chicken firmly. The spinach should crunch when you rollup the chicken.
- 4place the two rollups seam side down in a baking dish. Spoon some gravy over the ttop of the rollups.
- 5Cover the baking dish with foil.
- 6Bake for 45 minutes.
- 7spoon more gravy over the cooked rollups, and sprinkle bacon bits over them.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mike's Chicken Rollups
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.8
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 114.1 mg
- Sodium 661.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 40.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: