Recipe by nmjunko
This brisket wows guests! Prep time includes time for marinating. We found this recipe stuck to a package of beef brisket about 10 years ago.
Top Review by JeanieK
I have many recipes for brisket, as I make it quite often. It's great to have a new recipe to my repertoire. This may well be a new favorite. Very delicious. Lots of ingredients for the sauce, but everything I normally have on hand, so it was very easy. Very tender. Delicious! Made it for PAC '11.
- 2 1⁄2 cups catsup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chili sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 can beer
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 4 -5 lbs beef brisket
Directions See How It's Made
- Poke holes all over brisket with fork.
- Mix all ingredients except brisket, and marinate brisket in 1/2 of the sauce overnight.
- Place whole brisket on hot grill to sear and brown fat.
- Remove from grill and place in foilware pan.
- Cover pan tightly with foil, close hood, and cook on low heat for about 4 hours, or until meat is tender.
- For best results, use a meat thermometer.
- It should be 170 degrees F for medium.
- Slice brisket very thinly across grain at an angle.
- Heat remaining 1/2 of sauce, pour over slices and serve.